Soft Pumpkin Faces
Source of Recipe
Packed dark brown sugar
Different kinds of
candies and nuts
(candy corn, ring-shaped
hard candies, peanuts,
Microwavable dinner plate
Dry measuring cups
Wire cooling rack
1. Put 1 paper towel on the dinner plate. Set aside.
2. Mix the following ingredients together with the spoon in the medium bowl:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packefd dark brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable ooil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3. Make 3 cookies at a time. Drop the dough by 1/4 cupsful in a circle on the
paper towel-lined plate.
4. Flatten the dough a little and smooth it to make a 3-inch circle. Decorate
to make fun faces and designs, using the candies and nuts, pushing into
the dough a little.
5. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) 1 minute. Turn the plate 1/2 turn.
Microwave uncovered 1 to 2 minutes longer, checking every 30 seconds,
until the cookies are puffed and dry. Slide cookies, still on the paper towel,
onto the cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully take the cookies off the
paper towel and put them on the cooling rack.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 with remaining paper towel and cookie dough.
Hint: Microwaving the soft cookies on a paper towel helps keep the bottoms
dry, and cooling them on a rack helps keep them dry as well.