Source of Recipe
Nursing Home Residents
This recipe comes from a lady 82 yrs. young
List of Ingredients
- 3/4c. sugar
- 2T. flour
- 2c. milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1t. vanilla
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 6 ripe bananas
- Mix in top of bouble boiler the sugar, flour, and milk. Cook till thick.
- Beat egg yolks and stir into hot mixture.Cook 5 mins. more.
- Add vanilla. Layer wafers and bananas, then add a portion of the mixture in a caserole until mixture is used up.
- Beat egg whites till stiff; add 1/4 cup sugar and beat another minute.
- Pile on top of pudding and brown top in oven.
- Serve warm or cold.