Chocolate Praline Tart
Source of Recipe
I saw this on Discovery Home and Leisure and couldn't resist! Serve with whipped cream and you're in heaven!
List of Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
2 2/3 cups unsalted butter, divided use
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 cups pecan halves
1/3 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a food processor, combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt; process to blend.
3. With the motor running, gradually add 1-2/3 cup of the butter, a few tablespoons at a time.
4. Process until dough forms a ball on top of the blades.
5. Press dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown.
7. Set aside to cool.
8. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine remaining 1 cup butter, brown sugar, honey and sugar; bring to a boil.
9. Boil for 3 minutes.
10. Add pecans and cream and return to a boil.
11. Immediately pour into cooled crust.
12. Bake until center is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
13. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.