Source of Recipe
Use this basic frosting to frost cakes or decorate cookies.
List of Ingredients
- 1/3c. butter
- 4 1/2c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4c. milk
- 1 1/2t. vanilla
- food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Gradually add 2c. of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- Slowly beat in the 1/4c. milk and vanilla. Slowly beat in remaining powdered sugar.
- Beat in additional milk, if needed to reach spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- Frosts tops and sides of two 8 or 9 inch layers.