GRANDMA ZORA'S MARSHMALLOW FROSTING
Source of Recipe
Recipe Link: http://cooks.com
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 egg whites, unbeaten
1 dozen large marshmallows
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp water
1. Cut marshmallows into pieces. Set aside. Place other ingredients in top of double boiler.
2. Cook and stir quickly until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns white.
3. Remove from heat and add marshmallows.
4. When marshmallows become soft, place back over boiling water and heat until mixture stands in peaks.
5. Spread immediately on cake while still hot and let cool.