Herb Roasted Turkey
Source of Recipe
3-pound boneless turkey breast (2 halves)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons each dried rosemary and thyme
1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat a charcoal grill until coals form white ash (or preheat a gas grill to medium, or an oven to 325F).
2. Tie turkey-breast halves together with kitchen twine. Brush them with oil.
3. Combine rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll the turkey in the herb mixture to coat.
4. Grill turkey, turning frequently, until an instant thermometer inserted in center registers 170F, about 1 hour. (Alternatively, roast the turkey in the oven for 1 3/4 hours.)
5. Transfer turkey to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.