America's Favorite Cheddar Beef Burgers
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3c. A.1. steak sauce
- 1 med. onion, cut into strips
- 1 med. green or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1T. butter
- 4 oz. Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tomato slices
- In med. bowl, combine ground beef and 3T. steak sauce; shape mixture into 4 patties. Set aside.
- In med. skillet , over med heat, cook onion and pepper in butter until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining steak sauce; keep warm. Grill burgers over med. heat for 4 mins. on each side or until done.
- When almost done, top with cheese; grill until cheese melts. Spoon 2T. onion mixture onto each roll bottom; top each with burger, tomato slice, some of remaining onion mixture and roll top.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes: 4 servings.