Grill Roasted Onions
Source of Recipe
Treasury of BBQ
List of Ingredients
- 4 med. yellow onions, unpeeled
- 1T. olive or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 8t. butter
- Cut unpeeled onion into halves lengthwise. Brush onions with oil.
- Place onion halves on 18x18 inch piece of heavy duty foil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 1t. butter on each onion half. Wrap loosely in foil; seal edges tightly.
- Grill packet on covered grill, over medium hot briquets 20 minutes or until onions are tender, turning packet once.
- Unwrap packet and serve onions in skins.
- Makes: 8 servings.