Grilled Loin with Brown Sugar Baste
Source of Recipe
DRESSING & COOKING WILD GAME
Thick big game steaks are also excellent in this recipe.
List of Ingredients
- 2 to 4 lb.deer, antelope, elk, or moose loin portion or whole backstrap
- 3T. butter
- 3T. soy sauce
- 3T. packed brown sugar
- Start charcoal briquets in grill.
- Remove all fat and silverskin from meat. Cut into lengths about 4 inches long, or about 6-8 oz. each.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook stirring constantly, until brown sugar dissolves and sauce bubbles.
- When charcoal briquets are covered with ash, spread them evenly in grill.
- Place grate above hot coals. Place meat on grate.
- Grill on one side until seared.
- Turn meat over; brush with brown sugar mixture.
- Continue grilling, brushing frequently with brown sugar mixture and turning occasionally to grill all sides, until desired doneness.