Honey Barbecued Chicken
Source of Recipe
Simply Delicious Cooking 2
List of Ingredients
- 3T. butter
- 3T. oil
- 1 minced medium onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2/3c. ketchup
- 2/3c. liquid honey
- 1/4c. cider vinegar
- 1T. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2t. each of thyme, oregano, basil, paprika, pepper, chili powder, salt
- 1/2t. liquid smoke
- 4(6oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Heat butter with 2T. of oil in a sauce pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the ketchup, honey, vinegar, worcestershire, seasonings and smoke flavouring.
- Simmer until sauce is thick and glossy. Cool. Brush chicken with the remaining oil.
- Grill over medium coals 8 minutes per side,brushing frequently with sauce.
- Brush 1 final time before serving.
- Serves: 4