Montana Steak w/ Wild West Sauce
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/3c. chopped onion
- 1T. minced jalapeno
- 1t. minced garlic
- 1t. vegetable oil
- 1/2c. strong coffee
- 1/3c. each ketchup and Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2t. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless beef sirloin
- vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Sauce: In saucepan, cook onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil, stirring 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in coffee, ketchup, Worcestershire and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, stirring, 15 mins. to thicken slightly.
- Prepare outdoor grill with medium hot coals or preheat stove top grill pan.
- Brush rack or pan with oil. Brush steak with sauce, brush onion with oil.
- Grill steak, turning and basting with sauce. Add onions for last 10 minutes of cooking, turning once, until slightly charred.
- Let meat stand, loosely covered 10 minutes. Thinly slice across grain.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce. Top with onions.