Southwest Marinated Beef Steak w/Grilled
Source of Recipe
Barbecue & Beverage
List of Ingredients
- 1 beef flank steak or top round steak cut 1 inch thick (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 red, yellow, or green bell peppers, quartered
- 1/2c. prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4c. fresh lime juice
- 1T. honey
- 1 1/2t. ground cumin
- Combine everything except steak and bell peppers in a small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/2c. marinade in a food-safe plastic bag.
- Close bag securely, turn to coat steak thoroughly and marinate in refrigerator 6 hrs. or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Refrigerate the remaining marinade. Preheat grill to medium-hot. Remove steak and discard used marinade.
- Brush bell peppers with some of the reserved marinade. Grill flank steak, uncovered, 15-25 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness or give top round steak 15-20 minutes for medium-rare, turning steak occasionally.
- Grill peppers 12-15 minutes, turning often to prevent scorching.
- After steak sears, brush steak and peppers occasionally with reserved marinade, but do not baste during the last 5 minutes.
- Slice across the grain into thin slices. Serve with peppers.
- Makes: 6 servings