Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2c. chopped onion
- 1/4c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1T. butter
- 2t. all purpose flour
- 1/3c. milk
- 1/3c. diced processed American cheese
- 1/3c. A.1. steak sauce
- 1c. shredded lettuce
- In med. bowl, combine ground beef and onion; shape mixture into 1 (7 inch) patty. Set aside.
- In med. skillet, over med. heat, cook and stir green pepper in butter until tender-crisp; blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in steak sauce until blended. Keep warm.
- Grill burger over med. heat for 7 mins. on each side or until done.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plate; top with grilled burger and cheese sauce. Cut into wedges to serve.
- Makes 4 servings.