Source of Recipe
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 pound of cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
* Mix all of the above together.
* Make into balls the size of a walnut.
* After chilled overnight, roll them
with a rolling pin on powder sugared
rolling board until they are a flat
* Add filling by placing it in the
center of the flattened circle of
dough. Then fold and lightly pinch
* Place on baking sheet and bake at
375 degrees for 20 minutes. Spray
baking sheets for easy removal.
Kiffle Nut Filling Recipe:
- 1 pound ground walnuts
- Milk... enought to moisten
- 1/2 cup brown suger (packed)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* Mix then heat nuts, milk, and sugar.
* Mix in beaten eggs and vanila.
* Let mixture cool.