Turkey Handprint Cookies
Source of Recipe
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 can (16 ounces) milk chocolate frosting
Assorted colored icings and gels
1. Beat sugar and shortening in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add corn syrup, eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill until firm, 1-2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Roll chilled dough on a lightly floured surface to an 1/8-inch thickness. Gently press hand into dough to make a clear imprint. Cut around outer edge of handprint with a knife. Repeat with remaining dough. Lift cookies carefully with a spatula and place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake cookies until lightly golden around edges, 9-12 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
5. Frost cooled turkey cookies with milk chocolate frosting. Decorate with colored icings, gels and candy corn.