Source of Recipe
Modern Family Cookbook 1942
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef chuck
- 2T. butter or bacon fat
- 1c. water
- 2 1/4c. peeled fresh tomatoes, or 1 No. 2 can
- 8oz. macaroni, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the meat in the butter in a heavy skillet, stirring frequently until grey in color.
- Or make patties of it and brown in the bacon fat. Do not scorch.
- Add water, cover and simmer gently about 20 minutes; then add tomatoes and drained cooked macaroni.
- Season to suit taste, and continue cooking at simmering temperature a few minutes longer until liquid is reduced to consistency o gravy.
- Makes: 5 servings.