Corned Beef N' Rice Pot
Source of Recipe
This is very quick and easy. Makes very large portions. Sometimes I stir corned beef mixture in early (still in liquid stage) & add thinly sliced cabbage, recover and let steam on top of beef & rice. It is truly good:)
List of Ingredients
2 cups rice
4 cups water
2 cans Rotel tomatoes (mild or spicy)
3 cans corned beef
1 chopped onion (or Onion Powder)
1 clove chopped garlic or garlic powder
1. In large pot or dutch oven, add RoTel tomatoes, bring to boil.
2. Add rice and water.
3. Bring to a rolling boil for 1min.
5. Cover, turn heat to low simmer for 25min.
6. In skillet add corned beef, onion and seasonings.
7. Be careful of adding salt as the beef is already salted!
8. Lightly'fry' (stirring), til onion is soft and corned beef is well heated.
9. When rice is done, water should be absorbed and rice soft.
10. Stir in corned beef mixture.
11. Add pepper, hot sauce to personal taste.