Graham Cracker Cake II
Source of Recipe
1950's better homes and gardens cookbook
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2t. vanilla
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sifted enriched flour
- 1 1/2t. baking powder
- 1/4t. salt
- 24 graham crackers, crushed
- 3/4cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 stiff beaten egg whites
- Stir the shortening to soften. Gradually add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg yolks; beat until well mixed.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together 3 times; add to creamed mixture alternately with graham cracker crumbs and milk, a small amount at a time.
- Beat after each addition until smooth. Add nuts. Fold in egg whites
- Bake in 2 paper lined 8x1 1/2 inch round pans in moderate oven (350) 30 to 35 minutes. Put layers together with Cream filling, frost with Brown sugar Frosting.
Cream Filling and Brown sugar Frosting can be found in this section.