Graham Cracker Cake
Source of Recipe
This is an old recipe that my grandmother made for my mom and uncle when they were kids, late 40s-50s. She continued to make it periodically throughout the years. It's kind of different, but has a good taste. Don't really know the prep time, but not real long (just a guess).
List of Ingredients
2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine (melted)
1 (20.00 ounces) can crushed pineapple (drained)
2 (1.00 lbs) boxes graham crackers (finely crush 1 box, leave other box whole)
1. Mix sugar, melted margarine, and pineapple.
2. Add the finely crushed graham crackers to the mixture until thick enough to spread (fairly thick).
3. Place a layer of the whole graham crackers on a serving/cake plate.
4. (You're going to build up layers to form a cake, similar in size and shape of a 1/4 sheet cake).
5. Spread a layer of the mixture on the whole cracker layer.
6. Put a layer of whole crackers on the mixture.
7. Keep alternating layers of the mixture and the whole crackers until you have a desireable size and shape.
8. "Frost"top and sides with remaining mixture.
9. Best when made the day before, so that the graham crackers can get kind of soft and the flavors can combine.
10. Can be refrigerated or just covered.