Hot German Potato Salad
Source of Recipe
1950's better homes and gardens cookbook
List of Ingredients
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1/3c. vinegar
- 2t. salt
- 1/4t. pepper
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions or 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Cook potatoes in boiling water. Peel and dice. Add vinegar and seasonings.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Cook eggs 4 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, bacon, 2T. bacon fat, soft cooked eggs, and chopped onion. Mix well.
- Serve hot salad on a bed of lettuce with big frankfurters.
- Makes: 8 servings.