Old Fashion Fried Chicken
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 (3 lb. ) chicken,cut up
- 2c. buttermilk
- 3c. all purpose flour
- 1T. salt
- 1t. pepper
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil
- Rinse and dry chicken. Place in a glass dish with buttermilk and let soak for 10-30 mins.
- In a paper or ziplock bag, place flour, salt, pepper. Close and shake to mix well.
- Drain chicken and drop it in the bag, 2-3 pieces at a time, shaking until each piece is coated.
- Set chicken on a piece of waxed paper. Heat about 1/2 inch oil in skillet.
- Dredge chicken once more in flour. Add chicken. Brown well on both sides, reduce heat and cover pan for 15 mins.
- Check for doneness. It will look soggy but turn heat back up and cook until brown and very crisp.
- Remove and drain grease. Serve.