Harvest Pork Roast
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2T. vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied (Boston butt)
- 1 can Campbell's condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pouch Campbell's Dry Onion Quality Soup and Recipe Mix
- 1 1/4c. water
- 1t. dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 med. potatoes, quartered
- 8 med. carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2T. all purpose flour
- In oven-safe 5 qt. Dutch oven over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook roast until browned on all sides. Remove; set aside. Spoon off fat.
- In same Dutch oven, combine soups, 1c. of water, thyme and bay leaf. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Return roast to Dutch oven. Cover; bake at 350 for 45 mins.
- Turn roast. Add potatoes and carrots. Cover; bake 1 hour 45 mins. more or until vegetables and roast are fork tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to platter. Remove netting or string from roast. In small bowl, stir together flour and remaining 1/4c. water until smooth. In Dutch oven over medium heat, heat soup mixture to boiling. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove bay leaf. Serve gravy with roast.
- Makes: about 3c. gravy and 6 servings
- Prep time: 5 mins.
- Cook time: 2 hours 45 mins.
- Prepare Harvest Pork Roast as directed above, except substitute 1T. fresh thyme leaves for the dried thyme leaves, 1 1/2 lb. small red potatoes for the potatoes and 3/4 lb. baby patty pan squash for the carrots. In step 3, add red potatoes as directed. Bake 1 hr. 20 mins. then add squash. Continue baking as directed. Garnish with fresh thyme sprig, if desired.