Shortcut Sloppy Joes
Source of Recipe
For "Souper Pitas," spoon meat mixture into six pita bread halves and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can Campbell's condensed Italian Tomato Soup
- 1/4c. water
- 2t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8t. pepper
- 6 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef until browned, stirring to separate meat. Spoon off fat.
- Stir in soup, water, Worcestershire and pepper. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve on rolls.
- Makes: about 3c. or 6 servings.
- Prep time: 5 mins.
- Cook time: 10 mins.
- Souper Joes: Prepare Shortcut Sloppy Joes as directed above, except substitute 1 lb. bulk pork sausage for the ground beef. In step 1, add 1/2c. chopped green pepper with the sausage. In step 2, omit water, Worcestershire and pepper. Serve on 4 hard rolls (each about 7 inches long), split and toasted. Makes: 4 servings.