Skillet Herb-Roasted Chicken
Source of Recipe
Lightly seasoned chicken breasts are quickly pan "roasted" and served with a creamy sauce.
List of Ingredients
- 2T. all purpose flour
- 1/4t. ground sage
- 1/4t. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
- 2T. butter
- 1 can Campbell's condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2c. water
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Green onion, orange slice and fresh mushroom for garnish.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, sage and thyme. Coat chicken lightly with flour mixture.
- In 10 inch skillet, over medium-high heat, in hot butter, cook chicken 15 mins. or until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center. Remove; set aside. Keep warm. Spoon off fat.
- In same skillet, combine soup and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 5 mins. stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange chicken over rice. Spoon sauce over chicken. Garnish with green onion, orange slice and mushroom, if desired.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins.
- Herbed Chicken & Mushrooms: Prepare Skillet Herb-Roasted Chicken as directed above, except in step 3, add 2c. sliced fresh white mushrooms (about 6 oz) with the soup. Reduce water to 1/3c. and add 1/4c. Chablis or other dry white wine.