Skillet Pork and Rice
Source of Recipe
Meaty pork shoulder chops and rice simmer in a delicate orange-flavored chicken broth.
List of Ingredients
- 1T. olive or vegetable oil
- 4 pork shoulder chops, each cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1c. regular long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2c. chopped onion
- 1 can Campbell's condensed Chicken Broth
- 1c. orange juice
- 3T. chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh parsley sprigs for garnish
- In 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook chops 10 mins. or until browned on both sides. Remove; set aside.
- In same skillet, combine rice and onion; cook 3 mins. or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in broth, orange juice and 2T. of chopped parsley. Heat to boiling. Return chops to skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 20 mins. or until liquid is absorbed and chops are fork tender.
- To serve, top each chop with orange slice and sprinkle remaining 1T. chopped parsley over orange slices. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 mins.
- Cook time: 40 mins.
- Prepare Skillet Pork and Rice as directed above, except in step 4, sprinkle 1/4c. lightly salted cashews, coarsely chopped, over the orange slices.