Zesty Chicken Bake
Source of Recipe
Use a combination of chicken breasts and legs to make this saucy main dish.
List of Ingredients
- 4 chicken breast halves or legs (about 2lb.)
- 1 can Campbell's condensed Italian Tomato Soup
- 1T. packed brown sugar
- 2T. water
- 2T. vinegar
- 1T. Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked corkscrew macaroni
- Fresh rosemary sprig for garnish
- Remove skin from chicken. In 2 qt. oblong baking dish, arrange chicken. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine soup, brown sugar, water, vinegar, and Worcestershire; set aside.
- Spoon soup mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 30 min. or more or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- To serve, arrange chicken over macaroni. Stir sauce and spoon over chicken. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Zesty Pork Chop Bake: Prepare Zesty Chicken Bake as directed above, except, substitute 6 pork loin chops, each cut 1 inch thick (about 2 1/2 lb.) for the chicken. Arrange chops in 3 qt. oblong baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 20 mins. or until chops begin to brown. Spoon off fat. In step 2, stir 1/4 to 1/2t. hot pepper sauce into soup mixture. Spoon soup mixture over chops. Bake 15 mins. more or until chops are fork-tender. Serve as directed in step 4. Makes:6 servings.