Baked Pasta w/ Beef & Beans
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/4c. oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. penne or mostaccioli pasta
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2t. minced garlic
- 1t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2t. salt
- 1/4t. black pepper
- 1(14 1/2 oz) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1T. tomato paste
- 1(8oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/4c. Parmesan cheese
- 1c.(4oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add 2T. oil and pasta. Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat large skillet on med. high heat.
- Add beef. Cook 3 mins. breaking up with fork or until not pink.
- Remove from pan. Discard drippings. Wipe out skillet. Heat remaining 2T. oil in skillet on med. high heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook 3 mins. or until onion is translucent.
- Return beef to pan. Add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Stir well. Cook 5 mins. Combine pasta, meat mixture, and beans in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400 for 20-30 mins. or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.