Cheese Topped Mostociolli
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
4 tsp (20mL) Mrs. Dash® Classic Italiano Seasoning Blend
2 cups (480mL) uncooked mostaciolli or penne pasta
1 cup (240mL) chopped green bell pepper
3 cups (720mL) low-sodium spaghetti sauce
8 Oz. (225g) sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 tsp (2.5mL) sugar
1/4 cup (60mL) shredded part skim low moisture Mozzarella cheese
vegetable cooking spray
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse and drain.
2. Spray saucepan with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Sauté bell pepper 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
4. Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, Mrs. Dash® Classic Italiano and sugar.
5. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add cooked pasta; heat through.
7. Serve topped with mozzarella cheese.