Meat Filled Jumbo Shells
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 (12oz) pkg. jumbo shells, uncooked
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4c. flavored dry bread crumbs
- 1c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4c. finely chopped onion
- 3/4t. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2t. salt
- 1/8t. black pepper
- 3c. spaghetti sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions; drain. Cool in single layer on foil.
- Heat oven to 350. Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown meat; drain.
- In large bowl, stir together meat, eggs, bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, onion, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Fill each shell with about 2T. meat filling. Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom ot 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Place filled shells in prepared baking dish; cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 45 mins. or until hot and bubbly.
- Make ahead and freeze for up to 2 months. Do Not Bake.Thaw and bake for 1hr. 45 mins. at 350.