Hot & Tangy German Potatoes
Source of Recipe
Don't know how old this recipe is. I've had it over 10 yrs.
List of Ingredients
- 4 medium red potatoes, cooked, peeled, sliced to 1/4 inch
- 8 slices thick sliced bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1c. sliced celery
- 2 med. onions, cut into eighths
- 1/4c. sugar
- 3/4c.. cider vinegar
- 1/4c. water
- 1/2t. salt
- 1/4t. pepper
- 1/4c. fresh parsley
- Have potatoes ready. In saucepan cook bacon, stirring constantly, over high heat 3 minutes.
- Stir in celery and onions. Reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except potatoes and parsley. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Stir in potatoes, continue cooking until potatoes are heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.