Oh My God These Are The Best Potatoes In
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 tablespoon oil
4 potatoes, washed,peeled and cubed
5-6 sprigs of fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin seed
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
2 teaspoons salt
3 medium green chilies, washed,ends removed and finely chopped
1 cup water
1. Wash potatoes under plenty of running tap water.
2. Peel them and then cut them into cubes of about an inch in size.
3. Put'em in a large bowl and keep aside.
4. Now, heat oil in a skillet on medium-high flame.
5. When hot, put in the cumin seeds and allow to crackle for 15 seconds.
6. Then, add the green chillies and the curry leaves (tear the curry leaves with your fingers before you add them to bring out the best flavour out of them).
7. Saute lightly on low-medium flame.
8. Now, gently fold in the potatoes and mix well.
9. Allow to cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
10. Add the turmeric powder and salt.
11. Mix well.
12. Allow to cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes on medium flame, mixing occasionally (every 3-4 minutes).
13. Stir in water, then cover with a lid, and allow the potatoes to cook on medium flame till all the water has been absorbed by the potatoes and they are tender and cooked.
14. Remember to stir the potatoes while they are cooking, every 5 minutes, to avoid them sticking to the bottom of the skillet (since it will be covered).
15. It will take 20-25 minutes for the potatoes to cook.
16. Remove from flame.
17. Serve immediately (hot)or with rice and yogurt on the side.
18. I JUST LOVE THIS, I HOPE YOU DO TOO!