FIRST-PLACE CRISPY CHICKEN
Source of Recipe
Recipe Link: http://cooks.com
2 lbs. meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
2 c. potato chips
1 1/2 c. crisp rice cereal
2 tbsp. milk
1. Turn the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the skin from the chicken, if you like. To skin chicken, pull the skin away from the meat. Rinse the chicken under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Save until Step 4.
2. In a plastic bag, put the potato chips and the cereal. Seal or tie the plastic bag shut. Use a rolling pin to crush the chips and cereal. Pour the crumbs into a pie plate. Add pepper. Stir to mix using a small spoon. Save until Step 4.
3. Crack the egg into the mixing bowl. With a small spoon or a fork, beat lightly until the white and yolk are mixed. Add the milk. Stir to mix.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture. Turn to coat both sides. Then, roll each chicken piece in the crumb mixture. Press the crumbs against the chicken so they stick. Place chicken, meaty-side up, in a baking pan. Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs.
5. Put the pan in the oven. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until no pink color is left in the chicken. To see if chicken is done, remove a piece of chicken and cut into it. Turn off the oven. Use hot pads to remove the pan from the oven. Serves 4.