Southern Fried Chicken
Source of Recipe
Simply Delicious Cooking 2
List of Ingredients
- 4 1/2 lb. chicken ,cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- 3/4c. milk
- 1 1/2c. flour, all purpose
- 3c. bread crumbs
- 1T. paprika
- 1t. each oregano, thyme, sage, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, marjoram, chili powder
- 4c. safflower oil
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and the milk.
- Place the flour in a second bowl and the bread crumbs in a third. Blend the seasonings into the bread crumbs.
- Dust the chicken with the flour, dip into the eggs and dredge in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil to 325. Fry the chicken to golden brown in small batches being sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Cooking time is dependent on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Reserve hot until all chicken is cooked.