Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1c. milk
- 1c. dry bread crumbs
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves-pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 2T. oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Place milk and bread crumbs in two separate shallow bowls.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each piece of chicken;roll and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip each chicken roll into milk, and then into breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med. heat. Brown rolled chicken on all sides.
- Arrange the chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small saucepan over med. heat, blend soup and cream; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the chicken. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins. or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.