Source of Recipe
A sandwich that would be fit for Dagwood, for those of us who at least remember him!
List of Ingredients
1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 lb)
2 tablespoons butter, softened
8 ounces thinly sliced ham
6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
3 tablespoons thousand island dressing
4 ounces thinly sliced turkey
4 ounces thinly sliced salami
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Using serrated knife (I use my electric) cut the bread lengthwise into 3 equal pieces.
3. Lay a piece of foil over a cookie sheet big enough to hold the bread.
4. Place bottom of bread on the foil.
5. Spread with 1 TBS of melted butter.
6. Top with the ham, provolone cheese and 1/2 of the dressing.
7. Place the middle of the bread on top.
8. spread with remaining softened butter.
9. Top with turkey, salami and the remaining dressing.
10. Top with top of bread loaf.
11. Stir together the 2 TBS melted butter and the sesame seeds.
12. Brush over the top and sides of the bread.
13. Cover loosely with foil.
14. Bake 400 for 10 minutes.
15. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
16. Slice and serve warm.