Apple Cider Cream Sauce
Source of Recipe
This is a wonderful cream sauce to serve over pork or chicken, or even veggies; thick, rich and luscious
List of Ingredients
2 cups sweet apple cider (nonalcoholic)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 cups whipping cream (heavy)
1 pinch cayenne pepper
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cider to a boil and let boil until it's reduced down to 1/2 cup.
2. Now whisk in the mustard and cream; season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
3. Continue boiling until this mixture reduces down to 1/2 cup.
4. Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
5. You could prepare this in advance and reheat gently when it's needed.
6. I have made this sauce only once--I don't know why I haven't made it since--and I was impatient and did not let it reduce the second time all the way down to 1/2 cup; it was still rich, luscious and very, very yummy.