Black Saddle Colcannon
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 6 potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (including tops)
- 4c. cooked, chopped cabbage
- 1 lb. bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb. butter
- Peel and boil the potatoes, then mash them, adding butter and a bit of milk to make potatoes smooth.
- Steam or boil the cabbage for 5 minutes, chop into 1/2 inch pieces, and mix with potatoes.
- Add onions to the cabbage mixture. Preheat the oven to 375. Fry the bacon, crumble, and add to cabbage mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Place all in a buttered baking dish. Bake for 30 mins. or until lightly browned on top.
- Top with bits of butter, sprinkle paprika on top.
- Makes: about 8-10 servings.