Boston Baked Beans Brennan
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 lb. white beans, soaked overnight
- 1t. baking soda
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb. salt pork or bacon pieces
- 2/3c. molasses
- 2t. dry mustard
- 3t. salt
- 1/2t. pepper
- Cook beans in ample water with baking soda for 10 mins. Drain and rinse.
- Place onions in the bottom of a 3 qt. casserole dish. Layer half the meat, then half the beans, then the rest of the meat, and finally, the remaining beans.
- Mix molasses, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over beans. Add enough water to barely cover.
- Do not stir. Bake at 300 for 6 hrs. After a couple of hours, stir and check beans.
- You may need to add more water, but do not make the beans too wet.