Source of Recipe
Eatin' speaks louder than words.
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 lb. thick-sliced bacon
- 1 1/2 c. sliced onions
- 6 medium potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4t. salt
- 1/4t. black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4c. chopped parsley
- Cut bacon cross-wise into 1/2 inch pieces and saute in a skillet until crisp. Remove, drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Saute onions in bacon drippings until tender. Remove half of the onions.
- Arrange half of the potatoes over onions in a skillet. Sprinkle with 1/8t. pepper.
- Add remaining onions. Top with remaining potatoes and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour milk over potatoes. Add half of the reserved bacon and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes: 4 servings.