Bill's Daring Beer Stew
Source of Recipe
Taking this dare'll be rewarding.
List of Ingredients
- 3/4c. flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3lb. lean beef chuck, cut into chunks
- 1/2c. vegetable oil
- 1/4c. tomato paste
- 1/8t thyme
- 1/8t. minced dry garlic
- 6 parsley sprigs, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3c. beer
- 6-8 med. carrots, cut into rounds
- 3 large onions, diced
- Hot, cooked egg noodles
- Put the flour and salt and pepper in a brown paper bag. Add meat and shake to coat meat evenly.
- Put oil in a large skillet and heat. Add meat to skillet and brown on all sides. Add seasonings and beer to browned meat.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hrs. Remove bay leaf.
- Add carrots and onions and conintue to simmer for 1 more hour. Serve on egg noodles.