Beer Cheese Spread
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 4c. (16oz) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4c. (16oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1t. seasoned salt
- 1t. dry mustard
- 1/4t. hot pepper sauce
- 1 (12oz) can beer, at room temp.
- In mixing bowl, combine the cheeses with garlic, set aside to soften to room temp.
- Add Worcestershire, seasoned salt, mustard, hot pepper sauce, and enough beer to make a spreadable mixture.
- Place in serving dish; cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
- Serve with assortment of crackers, chips or crudites.
- Makes: 8 cups
- Note: You'll get the best results if you refrigerate the finished spread for several days to give the flavors more time to blend.