Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- Any number of wild ducks
- salt and pepper to taste
- dry red wine
- 2 1/2 lb. hickory chips, soaked in water
- Place the charcoal at one end of the barbeque pit. Light the pit and let the charcoal burn until well coated with gray ash.
- Salt and pepper the ducks and place them on the grill at the end away from the fire.
- Put the hickory chips over the charcoal and put the lid down.
- Smoke the ducks, 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the ducks.
- Roll each duck up in foil adding 2 oz. of wine per duck. Bake at 275, breast side down, for 3 hours.