Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 pound sausage (reg. or spicy)
- 1 pound of bacon, cut in half
- Place butter & water in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until butter melts.
- Remove from stove & stir in stuffing mix.
- Add egg and sausage and blend thoroughly.
- Chill mixture for 2 hours (makes it easier to handle)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape mixture into small oblongs (about the size of a pecan)
- Cut the bacon into half
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each sausage oblong and lay seam down on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel and serve hot.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Tip: These roll-ups can be made ahead and frozen before baking. Package in ziploc freezer bags. Bake frozen roll-ups for 35 minutes.