Chocolate Sheet Cake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fourteen ounce can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup butter; stir in 1/4 cup cocoa then water.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat
- In large mixer bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add cocoa mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in 1/3 cup condensed milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 15x10" pan
- Bake 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched
- In small pan melt remaining 1/4 cup butter
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and condensed milk.
- Stir in confectioners sugar
- Spread over warm cake