Source of Recipe
Good with milk poured on tip in a bowl
List of Ingredients
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar; 1 granulated & 1 brown
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening; 1/4 cup oil & 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Mix flour, sugar, salt & baking soda with shortening.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture for the crumbs for the top
- Then add beaten eggs, vanilla, & buttermilk.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour mixture into pie pans.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup of mixture on top of each (add a little extra brown sugar to this mixture)
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
Makes 2 large pie pans or 3 small pie pans. Freezes well!
Can also add cinnamon into crumb mixture for top