Chicken Dumplings - part 2
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add shortening and mix in
- Add buttermilk & stir with a fork until blended
- Place dough on a floured surface.
- Knead adding small bits of flour
- Roll out dough and cut into 2 inch strips
- Bring broth and chicken, again, into a boil
- Add butter and pepper
- Drop strips into boiling broth.
- DO NOT STIR
- Push strips down into broth with a fork.
- Reduce heat to medium
- Continue adding strips
- Cook 10 minutes after adding final strips.
PREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION