Warm Layered Bean Dip
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon water
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cup mild salsa or salsa
2 avocados, cut in half,pitted and peeled
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In medium bowl, combine beans, half of the green onions, tomato paste, and water.
3. Mash until well combined but still slightly chunky.
4. Spread in bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate.
5. Sprinkle cheese over bean and then spread salso over top.
6. Bake until piping hot, about 12 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mash avocados just until slightly chunky.
8. Stir in cilantro, red onion, lime juice and salt.
9. Spoon this mixture over hot dip mixture and spread sour cream on top.
10. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
11. Serve with tortilla chips.