Source of Recipe
This is a healthy version of the Mexican restaurants Chimichangas
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. Uncooked Ground Turkey
- 1 (16 oz.) can Fat Free Refried Beans
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 (4 oz.) can Diced Green Chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Green Onions (or Scallions)
- 1 Cup Kraft Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 (8 or 10 inch) Wheat Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook turkey and green onions together in a large skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray until the turkey is no longer pink. Drain off any liquid.
- Add the chili powder, salsa, beans and green chilies. Cook until heated thoroughly. Mix in cheese and remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas 2 at a time in the microwave to soften. Place 1/2 cup of the mixture onto each tortilla; fold in the sides and roll up.
- Place prepared chimichangas into the prepared dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spray the tops of each chimichanga lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and brown. Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, or whatever else you like.
Per Serving: 215 Calories; 7g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 21g Cholesterol; 832mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. WWP: 4