APPLE CHEEESE BREAD
Source of Recipe
From the Star Tribune of Minneapolis, 1972
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp bkg powder
- 1/2 tsp bkg soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, mild
- 1 cup grated apples, NOT peeled, I used Gala
- Cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients, altertaining the apples and dry ingredients.
- Bake in a buttered, 9x5x3" loaf pan for about 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Oven should be preheated to 350 degrees.
- **Bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.