CHERRY NUT BREAD
Source of Recipe
This is from my mother.
The bread is best if you can wrap it in aluminum foil and leave it in the fridge for a week. If you can't wait that long, it's good, anyway.
List of Ingredients
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 (5 oz) jar of cherries (leave whole)
- 1/4 cup cherry juice (add water if not enough juice)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir and blend well.
- Add the cherries, nuts and cherry juice. Blend well.
- Place in a buttered 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes depending on your oven. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit in fridge wrapped in aluminum foil for a week for best results. It is good, anyway, even if you don't do this last process.